May 6 2019
SAMSSA represents the interests of the largest concentration of expertise in mining supply and services worldwide. Members are made up of those companies that have operations located within Northern Ontario.
Mandates of the Association
- Act as the advocacy group for mining supply and services companies operating in Northern Ontario;
- Maximize sales opportunities for members domestically and globally;
- Utilize on-site visits and virtual channels to actively promote SAMSSA members in active mining centers;
- Encourage members to develop product and service enhancements through continual research and partnerships;
- Provide a “one-stop-shop” for mining and related clients;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive electronic catalogue of member suppliers/products and services for worldwide distribution;
- Deliver a minimum of two trade events per year to promote SAMSSA member’s products and services;
- Provide relevant educational opportunities to all SAMSSA members which will improve their understanding of exporting product/services globally;
- Provide a multilingual and interactive web site promoting members to global and domestic customers;
- Responsible for the management and daily operation of SAMSSA on behalf of its 150 plus members.
- Assist the President and Board to fulfill their governance function.
- Provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Association’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Attend relevant meetings and assists in creating appropriate partnerships that will expand the association’s reach and membership base.
- Initiate activities and strategic alliances that enhance the Association’s value proposition.
- Ensure financial management of the corporation and its compliance with Canadian Revenue Services rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with all levels of government and a wide range of Northern Ontario communities, businesses and other stakeholders to influence co-operation and raise awareness of the Association.
- Oversee design, marketing promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Assure the association and its mission, programs and services are presented in strong positive images to all stakeholders and potential members.
Desired Skills, Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Mining, Business or other relevant education combined with 7+ years of experience.
- Understanding of mining industry and its importance to the region and Canada.
- Experience in organizing and leading trade missions to jurisdictions outside Ontario to generate new export opportunities for members.
- Previous experience in leading a not for profit association and working with volunteer Board of Directors.
- Established network within the local and international mining community.
- Ability to build effective relationships with people at varying levels of the private sector and government organizations.
- Excellent communication skills for public presentations.
- Willing to travel and work with members and global mining companies.
- Understanding of government programs and how they can be leveraged to support the activities of the SAMSSA.
- Proficient in the use of common office software (eg. spreadsheet, word processing, presentations, graphics, case management)
- Bilingualism is an asset.
The successful candidate will be retained by the Association as an Independent Management Consultant and not as a direct employee of SAMSSA.
Position is to be located within the City of Greater Sudbury.
SAMSSA offers a competitive salary range and will be commensurate with candidates experience and qualifications.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad and should not exceed 5 pages. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrate the requirements for this job.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line Recruitment Executive Director
The deadline to apply is June 10, 2019 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.