Normet has global reach with local strength
- Fast growing technology company
- Passion to offer continuous improvements to underground construction and mining processes
- For safety, productivity and profitability
- Provides complete technical solutions that create value through saving costs and shortening process cycle times
From conception to production to application, our solutions are developed based on the welfare of people and on the care of the environment.
Normet Canada is the Canadian arm of Normet Group, a Finnish-based company with over 40 locations in 27 countries worldwide. Normet Canada’s facility in the Sudbury area employs local Sudburians to represent, market and support our products including:
- Equipment for concrete spraying and transport, explosives charging, scaling, lifting, installation works and logistics. Normet Canada’s facilities include warehousing and a full-service shop with remanufacturing capabilities.
- Construction chemicals for sprayed concrete, admixtures for all types and grades of pumped poured and sprayed concrete, injection systems for rock improvement, reinforcement systems for high deformation conditions, spray applied waterproofing systems and needed chemicals for TBM technology covering hard rock, EPB, open face and slurry type machines
- The new generation, energy-absorbing rock bolting system: Canadian-manufactured, with Canadian steel, the D-Bolt system is specially designed for efficient and reliable rock reinforcement, in both squeezing and burst-prone strata conditions
Normet has delivered over 11,000 built-for-purpose underground machines which are serviced and supported by regional entities such as Normet Canada. Normet currently employs over 1,000 business professionals with a passion for doing “big” things for Normet and for the industries which the company serves.