Jan 14, 2020
Clean Tech in Mining Mission to the NvMA – Reverse Expo in Elko
2 MIN READ
The Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada invites you to apply to participate in Canadian CleanTech Trade Mission to Nevada Mining Association’s Annual Elko Reverse Expo (March 16-17, 2020). This initiative is an excellent opportunity to meet in-market with mining operators and participate in a range of business development activities surrounding the Reverse Expo.
The Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles recently signed a partnership agreement with the Nevada Mining Association (NvMA) to ensure a significant Canadian presence at their 4th Annual Reverse Expo taking place in Elko, Nevada. The Consulate will be recruiting up to 7 Canadian cleantech companies with solutions for the mining sector to take part in this event.
The Canadian companies chosen to participate in this program will get access to:
- The Kickoff Reception on the evening of March 16 (up to 3 tickets per company), where a representative from the Consulate will give the welcome address highlighting the Canadian companies taking part in the event. Estimated attendance: 100-150 people, a mix of mining industry suppliers and mining operators.
- The Elko Reverse Expo on March 17, where each company will have dedicated meetings with 3 mining operators (selected Canadian companies will be given first priority to identify their top choices for these meetings). Operators that have taken part in this event in the past include: Kinross, Nevada Gold Mines, Fiore Gold, Coeur Mining, Pershing Gold, KGHM, Hecla, SSR Mining, and more.
- The Consulate will also have booth space during the event where Canadian companies can promote their products/technologies.
- Selected Canadian companies will be given early access to the exhibit hall, when all exhibitors are invited to meet with operators in a casual networking/booth setting.
- All selected Canadian companies will also be provided with a 50% discount off 2020 membership rates for the NvMA ($400 savings per company), which gives them access to all of the benefits of a full NvMA member for one year.
The Consulate is also exploring the possibility of organizing other activities around the 1.5 day Elko Reverse Expo.
Nevada is one of the most important mining regions in the United States. The sector has a long history in the state and continues to be the largest industry in rural Nevada. Traditionally known for its gold, silver and copper production, the state is also a significant source of many other important minerals for the manufacturing of consumer goods and for the construction industry. Major mining companies such as Barrick Gold, Kinross Gold, Newmont, SSR Mining, Hecla and KGHM are active in Nevada.
If you are interested in taking part in this event, please fill out the application form below and return it to Patrick Courcelles (Patrick.Courcelles@international.gc.ca) by Monday, January 13, 2020.
- There is no cost to participate in these activities, however, companies are responsible for the travel and accommodation costs.
- All Canadian cleantech companies offering solutions for the mining sector are invited to apply. However, should there be a high level of interest, please note that preference will be given to those that are notalready members of the NvMA, since existing members can participate in the Elko Reverse Expo and will be able to take part in any additional activities organized by the Canadian Consulate. The selection of Canadian companies will be based on various factors including previous experience in the U.S. market and in the mining sector, commercial readiness, and having a clear market strategy for the U.S.