The leaders in the mining supply and service industry have proven that mining is only as efficient and productive as the quality of products and services provided from mining supply companies. Over 400 Northern Ontario mining supply and service companies can boast of their
historical influence in mining camps worldwide and their significant employment opportunities for skilled personnel making this sector larger in number than all direct mining and refining jobs in Northern Ontario. Making this all happen are industry managers and leaders who have improved their craft and management skills and have created a major industrial sector that is recognized globally.
SAMSSA wishes to recognize those leaders both living or deceased by hosting and honouring the best member leaders at their Annual meeting held every December and acknowledging the time, effort and competencies these selected visionaries have brought to Northern Ontario.
The winners will be an integral part of the SAMSSA web site in a special portal that recognizes their valuable contribution and they will receive a special token of appreciation.
- Nominations of management individuals worthy to be inducted into the SAMSSA Hall of Fame must have 25 years of continual management, sales or ownership or a combination in all within a mining supply and service company(s) located primarily in Northern Ontario. The nominee or his/her company must be a member of SAMSSA as of September 2010.
- Nominations can made by individuals, firms or organizations but should not be submitted directly to any Board member. Nominariona must be made by an existing SAMSSSA Full or Associate member and are to be submitted to Dick DeStefano, Executive Director by November 19, 2010 under the following criteria.
Each Nomination must contain the following information:
- Complete Curriculum Vitae or career history of the nominee
- Brief enumeration of any or all achievement or achievements that qualify the nominee for admission into the SAMSSA Hall of Fame
- Current address and all contact details for either living or surviving family member
Completeness is important, but submissions should contain all the necessary information within three pages. Selection of the individuals to be inducted will be made by the SAMSSA Board of Directors at a special meeting which will be held on November 28th. 2008. The Board of Directors’ decision will be final. Winners will be invited to the Annual meeting in December. The following achievement categories will be used to assist you and the Board in making the final decision.
Achievement Categories (Examples Only)
- Building the Company, (size, employment, market revenues)
- Developing Markets (both domestic and global)
- Academic or Professional success
- Community Commitment
- Individual Achievements
- Any other areas of pertinent achievement
All submission must be completed and forwarded by email (Word format) to the Executive Director of SAMSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed by November 19, 2010 to:
Attention: Dick DeStefano, Executive Director
1936 Hunter Street
Sudbury Ontario P3E 2S4
Late submission will not be considered. For further information, please call at any time 705.522.2606